Welcome to ToposText!
Through the generosity of the Laskaridis Foundation you have the opportunity to share in a labor of love, a thank-offering to Greece, a tool for finding connections between Classical literature and the landscapes that inspired it.
A much more capable version of ToposText.org went live on December 4.
- Customized website architecture allowing faster, smoother use, including on mobile devices.
- Indexed personal names: find those obscure references to a favorite philosopher.
- Fast, powerful searching and filtering of texts and places.
- Better navigation between indexed places and ancient texts.
- A considerably expanded database of texts, including Roman authors with information on Greek mythology and religion.
- Many new places, broadening ToposText's reach into Italy and the southeastern Mediterranean.
- Modern descriptions for sites in Greece.
- Links to original Greek and Latin texts and to ancient inscriptions.